Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Celebrating World Art Drop Day 2015

Art print of Cleopatra the Cavalier ~ CLAIMED!


Scrabble Tile Art Pendant, Phantom of the Opera ~ CLAIMED!














First Tuesday of September

#artdropday


All artists, (that means students and professionals, painters and cartoonists, sculptors and illustrators, animators and fine artists, EVERYONE who creates) this September 1st* is World Art Drop Day. Wherever you find yourself that day, drop a piece of your art and tell someone where to find it. The world needs this right now. We need to feel a little more connection to each other and there's nothing like the bond two random strangers can make through the act of creating and giving.*

So very excited to participate in my first ever Art Drop Day 2015! I chose to drop two different pieces of art from my Etsy shop. The first was a mini art print of Cleopatra the Cavalier ~ the original art was painted by my very talented husband John Hopkins.  [ By the way, he has a brand new comic strip treasury... (www.lostcactus.com) so please visit his website. ]  This art was "dropped" at the Irvine Spectrum, in Irvine California and taped to a directory sign near the Cheesecake Factory and Javier's restaurants. Believe me, the tricky part was leaving the art nonchalantly and making sure no one was aware of what I was doing! Kinda felt like a secret agent! LOL!


Art print of Cleopatra the Cavalier ~ CLAIMED, on directory sign!




The second was a Movie Monster Scrabble Tile Pendant ~ Phantom of the Opera. This pendant was also "dropped" at the Irvine Spectrum, and was taped to the railing surrounding the carousel, near Dave and Buster's and Red Robin restaurants. I quickly took photos and posted to my Instagram, twitter and tumblr accounts with simple clues including the hashtags #artdrop #artdropday.


Scrabble Pendant Phantom of the Opera ~ NOT YET CLAIMED, on carousel railing!























I did not hang around after the drops were complete. By the time I arrived home I received a very nice comment and even a photo on Instagram from a lucky finder of the Cleopatra art print! Yay! It worked! SO much fun!

*NOTE: At the time of writing this post, the Scrabble pendant has not yet been claimed.
*EDITED: never heard from the finder of the Scrabble pendant, I can only assume it was found.

Lucky finder's photo!






















I must say I truly enjoyed participating in Art Drop Day 2015, and had a lot of fun secretly dropping my art. I will definitely do this again ~ quite looking forward to next year already...who knows, maybe even sooner!  


*[ Thank you to Jake Parker (mrjakeparker.com) for inspiration and a portion of this post. ]


.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? Comments? We'd like to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin~it